Monday, March 4, 2013

Evening at Sadlers Wells

The Tanztheater wuppertal Pina Bousch, performing Vollmond; elements reminded me of the impact of water at Fuezerberouta I saw at the Round House in Camden very recently. I loved the fluidity of the lines, the draping of cloth and the humour. Some of the content was difficult to translate but the athleticism of the performers was enthralling. The music was extremely varied and at times totally abstract but also melodic and vaguely familiar. The effect of the water thrown in the air against a black back drop was like diamonds on velvet, brilliant.

The theatre was packed and I am definitely going back for the Flamenco in March - having just seen Manet at the RA, I.m reminded how black as a tone always elevates everything in contrast to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment